Repair it Forward is a program developed by The Stephenson Family that is tailored to help people that have fallen on hard times in the community around us. We all need our vehicles on a daily basis to get to work, pick up our children, make it to doctor’s appointments, and to get to the grocery store. Individuals without a working car will find that asking for rides or taking public transportation can sometimes be a bit of a headache and an inconvenience for all parties involved.
The Repair it Forward program was developed to help one lucky individual per year that has a vehicle that is unsafe, doesn’t run, won’t pass state inspection, or they just don’t have the money to fix the car. This individual will receive up to $3,000 in vehicle repairs courtesy of Precision Auto Repair. To be considered you must fill out the form below. The ideal candidate will outline their hardship and how having a working vehicle will help get them back on track. The contest rules are as follows;
- Must have a vehicle registered in their name.
- Must completely fill out the form below. A friend of family member can submit on your behalf.
- $3,000 in repair allowance is valid only at Precision Auto Repair in West Springfield, MA. All parts for the repair will be provided by Autopart International of West Springfield, MA. The $3,000 repair credit includes all parts, labor, state taxes, and fees. The entire $3,000 can be used and if it is not used then the balance of the credit will go unused and be forfeited by the end user. The repairs performed will not exceed $3,000.
- Repairs can only be mechanical such as brakes, suspension, tires, engine and transmission issues, exhaust problems, etc. No body repairs will be considered in this program. Your vehicle can have light body damage such as dings, dents, scratches, light rust, and anything that will not cause the vehicle to fail Massachusetts State Inspection. Any major body repairs such as collision damage, major rust and rot, and any other cosmetic issue that render the vehicle unsafe will not be considered.
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of 5 people that have volunteered to review all applications. The panel will be looking for an applicant that has shown that they will benefit the most from this program based on their descriptions of the hardship and explanation of why this program will help them.
- The 2016 Repair it Forward Program started on 3/1/2016 and applications were submitted through 3/31/2016. The winner was announced 4/8/2016. This program will run again in the Spring of 2017
While Repair it Forward is by far our biggest program of this kind each year. We do offer similar programs at various times throughout the year. So feel free to check back regularly.
2015 Repair it Forward Winner
2016 Repair it Forward Winner